During winter break, I was able to many things and finishing touches. It could have been more productive, but it was good enough. I have about 8 days to finish just a couple of things.
Done: Blueprints, Manual, and Bike Stand
Need to be Done: Generator and Gasifier
After break I finished the manual for the bicycle power generator and started building the stand, which is about 50% done. I will only need about two more days and I can mount the generator on the bike.
For the week before break I decided to first make the manual for the bicycle power generator and build the stand after break.
I was finally able to assemble some wood, and now I need a bike in order to make measurements and calculations for the stand.
I have started assembling parts for my bicycle power generator and finished calculations and blueprints. All I have to do at this point with this generator is clean up the blue prints, make the manual, and build the bike stand for the generator.
This week I started building my second project, the wood gasifier. I will now have to learn how to weld in order to weld the metal together.
This week I ordered the metal pipes and rest of the materials needed. I also started and continued working on my process portfolio for my project. At this point I am about 60% done.
This week I finished working on my bicycle power generator, which is 50% of my product. I have already started the Wood Gasifier, which puts me at 70% of my project. I am currently waiting on my metal piping, and once I get it I should be done in no time.
This week I ordered all of the metal piping and supplies that I needed. I finished my bicycle power generator, and can now move on to the wood gasifier. I got my oil drum through the mail, and now I am waiting on the metal piping from Liberty Works.
This week I was finally able to gather my supplies for my project from Home Depot. My mentor and I made rough measurements to power any engines of up to 35 Horsepower. We had spent around 2 hours running around the store getting the most absurd things.
This week I did not meet my deadlines. I have completed all of my blueprints, materials, and step by step process but need transportation/help getting my supplies. It has been difficult meeting with my mentor because he is busy and does not know much about mentoring (new teacher).
This week I continued working on my blueprints and was able to make a complete part/material list. I was also able to finish my blueprints and break it down to a 2 1/2 month project. I still need to get my materials, but since I am a boarder transportation has been an issue.
This week I met with my new mentor John Tracey, and also talked to John Mulhern about the supplies/materials for my project. I made a parts list and various blue prints broken into three processes that will take about 2 months to build.