Building the Sound Matrix: Mid August 2014

I got all the parts together and got to work putting together a configuration of 8 Trellis boards.

First of many Trellis boards to be soldered

First of many Trellis boards to be soldered

LED testing station

LED testing station

LEDs dropped in and ready to go

LEDs dropped in and ready to go

LEDs spread to hold them in place

LEDs spread to hold them in place

Bottom of the Trellis board

Bottom of the Trellis board

Done! Time to clip the leads and put all 8 boards together

Done! Time to clip the leads and put all 8 boards together

All 8 Trellises ready to be soldered together. Stack of button pads in the corner to go on afterwards

All 8 Trellises ready to be soldered together. Stack of button pads in the corner to go on afterwards

With all the parts Adafruit included a laser cut acrylic case. Nice! They call this configuration the Hella-OONTZ or the Hella UNTZtrument… I’m not so into either of those names, so I decided to codename my project The Sound Matrix. I think it’s got a better ring to it.

 

Taped up for soldering. A few more to go!

Taped up for soldering. A few more to go!

Sound Matrix board just about finished with a few faulty LEDs marked for replacement

Sound Matrix board just about finished with a few faulty LEDs marked for replacement

Workbench with parts galore. Time to put it all together!

Workbench with parts galore. Time to put it all together!

Sound Matrix board finished and fit in case

Sound Matrix board finished and fit in case

Here’s a quick lights and buttons test (no sound is coming from the Matrix. Music is in the background):

Slapped the rest of the buttons and the top on and it’s DONE! Short post to follow with video of the Sound Matrix in action.

One thought on “Building the Sound Matrix: Mid August 2014

Comments are closed.