Finished the Standoffs: Early January 2015

I finally finished the acrylic standoffs for the stand. PHEW! Took way longer than expected; I’m glad I started on it so early.

Prep for standoff attachment

Prep for standoff attachment

I created these little standoff spacers for the column that melomuse will sit on. They create a gap that allows for sound to escape from each side of the column. I scored and snapped a clear acrylic sheet into eight .5″ x 2″ pieces and eight 1.5″ x 2″ pieces, which I then glued together as shown above. I then glued these sandwiched pieces onto a 12″ x 12″ white acrylic sheet (shown below). This sheet will sit between the 2′ tall white acrylic column and the 1′ tall frosted acrylic cube housing the electronics (including the speaker). This is where the .5″ gap is created.

Standoffs glued!

Standoffs glued!

Anyway, I would post a picture of the finished column instead of listing all those numbers and yadda yadda, but I want the installation to be somewhat of a surprise for Exhibition Night. I’m thrilled the stand is all done, and look forward to finally setting up!