I started draping the the long dress with muslin fabric. It took me a lot of work to get the breast part right.
I need to sewing the belt thing together this week. The process of sewing it was complicated and I think this is the most difficult part of this look. I’m so glad that I finally finished it. It took me 8 hrs totally on two days to just attaching the leather part. I had to fist measure the width then make the mark, and then use leather making fork and hammar to make hole, finally hand sew it.
This week I’m dealing with the pleated fabric for the yellow. As I wrote in my journal, i had a really hard time finding the perfect pleated fabric. Eventually, i decided to buy the same fabric as the body of the top, and take it to the factory that professionally does pleating. although it cost me more money, the result really Worth it.
In process of sewing the first look of my collection.