Everything but the presentation is finally over! Exhibition night was amazing! I had put up everything for my installation about 2 days before, and some last minute things went up on Thursday morning. It was not a stressful experience at all. And I am so thankful for that. The project alone was enough stress for me!
Exhibition Space ::
I present this Friday second period (come watch). And today I will start typing up the presentation. I think I’m more worried about typing up the presentation then actually presenting it. I don’t know what to type or how much to type. I just feel a little lost. But hopefully all will turn out well.
I have been doing revision after revision for the Spanish translation. It is not as hard as I first thought it would be, but it is still not that easy. I have a few more edits to go and then I’m done. I have a printed a preview of the flash cards for the study guide and they came out quite nicely. I am excited to see how the whole study guide will come out!
(Also, I finally uploaded a photo of my heart!)
I have finally sent my data to a teacher who has looked over it. They gave me some feedback and I have made the necessary corrections. This means I can finally start translating everything. I have already translate 3 of the 10 sections of the heart I am focusing in on. I am planning on working very hard these next few days so that I can be finished translating everything by Wednesday and then I can start physically creating the study guide.
I need to send my data to someone who knows about anatomy to make sure that everything is correct and accurate, but I keep forgetting to do it. I can’t continue on to translating if I don’t know if what I;m translating is correct. I need to make sure I remember to email it in the next few days or so.
I haven’t made that much progress lately. I feel like since I have finished the printing aspect of the project I haven’t been motivates to finish the rest of it. I going through some serious procrastination…
I printed out the second half of the heart which means that I am now 100% finished with the printing aspect of my project. And it doesn’t feel like I’m done. I feel like I should be printing more or adding complexity to the project. Now I just have to move on to the study guide aspect of the project. I have collected all the information about the heart and now I just have to make sure that the information is correct and then I can start translating it into Spanish. And I got the book and resources to do so.
I checked the printer this week and the print came out just as i expected it. The print worked out and I finally have the first half of my heart printed out. I had a little problem cleaning out the inside of it (and I cut up my fingers really badly.) I will hopefully cut the second half next week and then I will be 100% done with printing.
After a whole week of struggling and being unbelievable frustrated with the 3D printer, I took the time to sit down with Urban and try to actually figure out what the problem might be. We can to the conclusion, after some serious brainstorming, that the problem might be that when I was slicing the heart that I didn’t slice it at an exact 90˚ angle (maybe 90.3˚ or 91˚). That slight degree change caused part of the print to be below the plate line, meaning that the printer was not recognizing parts of the heart, so it didn’t know what to print. Now that we (hopefully) know what the problem is, I have re sliced the heart, with the correct slices, and I will see on Monday if that solved the problem. If it did then I will continue printing more sliced version of the heart.
Thank you Urban…
This week I basically spent the whole week trying to 3D print the heart. I couldn’t get it to print for some reason. Every time I tried to print the heart, it would stop working and just spaz out. I’m going to spend next week trying to figure out how to print it out properly. For the weekend, I sent sliced versions of heart to the printer. Hopefully those will print out, and I can figure out where to go from there.
I have done some research and data collection for the study guide. But I feel like I slowed down a little in the process. And I’m getting a little disappointed with myself. But I also just need to remind myself how much work I have actually been getting done. I’m almost halfway done with the whole project. Once I figure out how I want the heart to be printed out and then actually print them out, I’ll be halfway done. I plan to get the printing done in the next week or so.
I have been taking photos of the mini hearts, but I’m having trouble uploading them to the blog. Hopefully in the next post I’ll have some good photos up…